The Medium Format Film Camera Workshop – everything you need about developing and printing your films. This workshop places the emphasis on loading and working with a medium format film camera. It builds on the Black and White Film Developing Workshop with the afternoon spent printing in the darkroom from the negatives made that morning.
During this 6 hour workshop you will:
- receive the benefit of decades of professional practice with the benefit of one to one guidance
- take a walk through the Canning River Regional Park exploring the river-landscape, making photographs on film using one of our beautiful medium format film cameras – or you are welcome to bring your own!
- learn how to load your exposed film into a daylight film developing tank
- process your black and white film to a professional standard
- dry, cut, and sleeve and your negatives into archival protective sleeves ready for your scanner
- create a contact print of your negatives
- with guidance choose one of your negatives to print
- learn the techniques of determining correct print exposure
- learn how to select print contrast
- make test strips
- use burning and dodging controls
- make a silver gelatin print
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- develop your own medium format films
- select appropriate film developing equipment to suit your needs
- make contact prints
- make traditional silver prints
- select appropriate darkroom gear to suit your requirements
- know where to easily find additional help and tips
- take home your developed negatives and prints!
I offer a range of individually guided film-based photography and darkroom printing workshops to suit both beginner and advanced practitioners. You can view the current workshops on my Workshops page.
Complete Film Darkroom Workshop: Cost $300 includes film, chemistry, paper and materials, Duration 6 hours, 9am to 4pm, Ferndale, Perth