The Complete Film Darkroom Workshop – everything you need to know about developing and printing your films. This workshop builds on the Black and White Film Developing Workshop with the afternoon spent printing in the darkroom from the negatives made that morning.
During this 6 hour workshop you will:
- receive the benefit of decades of professional practice with the benefit of one to one guidance
- take a walk through the Canning River Regional Park exploring the river-landscape, making photographs on film using one of our beautiful vintage cameras – or you are welcome to bring your own!
- learn how to load your exposed film into a daylight film developing tank
- process your black and white film to a professional standard
- dry, cut, and sleeve and your negatives into archival protective sleeves ready for your scanner
- create a contact print of your negatives
- with guidance choose one of your negatives to print
- learn the techniques of determining correct print exposure
- learn how to select print contrast
- make test strips
- use burning and dodging controls
- make a silver gelatin print
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- develop your own films
- select appropriate film developing equipment to suit your needs
- make contact prints
- make traditional silver prints
- select appropriate darkroom gear to suit your requirements
- know where to easily find additional help and tips
- take home your developed negatives and prints!
I offer a range of individually guided film-based photography and darkroom printing workshops to suit both beginner and advanced practitioners. You can view the current workshops on my Workshops page.
Complete Film Darkroom Workshop: Cost $300 includes film, chemistry, paper and materials, Duration 6 hours, 9am to 4pm, Ferndale, Perth