Professional black and white film developing at home
Do you want to learn black and white film developing but not sure where to start?
Perhaps you are just starting out with Holga photography. Maybe you are brushing the dust off your parent’s old film camera and want to give it a try.
I can show you how to achieve a professionally processed film with a minimum of gear. You don’t even need a darkroom. Save yourself a heap of money and car trips to a lab by processing your film at home
During this 3 hour workshop you will:
- receive the benefit of decades of profession practice with the benfit of one to one guidance
- take a walk through the Canning River Regional Park exploring the river-landscape, making photographs on film using one of our beautiful vintage cameras – or your are welcome to bring your own!
- learn how to load your exposed film into a daylight film developing tank
- process your black and white film to a professional standard
- dry, cut, and sleeve and your negatives into archival protective sleeves ready for your scanner
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- develop your own films
- select appropriate film developing equipment to suit your needs
- know where to easily find additional help and tips
- take home your developed negatives!
I offer a range of individually guided film-based photography and darkroom printing workshops to suit both beginner and advanced practitioners. You can view the current workshops on my Workshops page.
Black and White Film Developing Workshop: Cost $150 includes film, chemistry and materials, Duration 3 hours, 9am to 12am, Ferndale, Perth